SEU Ohio Campus Library Resources
SEU Ohio students can access Southeastern University’s Steelman Library through an online portal. The library provides many online databases and other electronic resources through the WorldCat catalog and the online portal. In addition, SEU Ohio Network Campus recommends that students connect to the Columbus Metropolitan Library system, which is a wonderful resource.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR LOGGING INTO THE STEELMAN LIBRARY:
When you enter the online portal, you will need to click on “My Library Account” to the right, which will ask for your MyFIRE user name and password. Once you are in, you will want to do a search and then filter it on the left side of your screen by selecting electronic articles and ebooks. Physical books cannot be checked out from this page since they are in Florida. You may need to actually enter your MyFIRE user name and password several times and in several places to get full access. In addition, you may need to create a free account with ProQuest or EBSCO. These are powerful tools that can help you format citations and papers.
Click here to watch a short tutorial on how to get into the electronic resources of the library.
We encourage all of our students, faculty and staff to use the free software called Zotero, which is a citation management software. Click here to learn a bit more about Zotero.
FOR BUSINESS STUDENTS AND COURSES:
The SEU Steelman Library has business resources available at this link: https://library.seu.edu/
CONTACT A LIVE LIBRARIAN:
Students can make contact with an SEU librarian at any time here: Online Chat: www.askalibrarian.org/southeastern
GETTING PHYSICAL BOOKS TO OHIO:
Books (Print): The library will send books to you or your students for free. They will also copy pages out of commentaries or word study reference books for help with a course such as hermeneutics. 1 to 2 week turnaround time for return book.
Need help with Turabian, MLA, or APA citations? See our guide at http://library.seu.edu/citations
FREE MICROSOFT 365 SOFTWARE:
SEU students can download Microsoft 365 free as students on our campus through the library.
ACE: Academic Center for Enrichment
- ACE – Learning resource and study support
- Ace Tutoring: https://library.seu.edu/seuace
- Ace inside of MySEU: https://my.seu.edu/academics/css/ace/
- Video Tips on Writing, Punctuation, Commas, etc: https://library.seu.edu/c.php?g=158122&p=5820730
- Assignment Calculation for creating Deadlines: https://library.seu.edu/friendly.php?s=Research
- Submit your assignments early and get feedback through Smart Thinking: https://services.smarthinking.com/student/services/
- Career Services search: Purple Briefcase https://app.purplebriefcase.com/pb/account/logout?s=Southeastern